Directorate Of Fisheries Sindh Inland Hyderabad
The Sindh Fisheries Department was established after disintegration of One Unit and creation of four provinces during 1969-70 and it was given under control of Director. Agriculture Sindh, with a technical head as Assistant Director Fisheries on Provincial basis, with his head quarter at Hyderabad.
During 1972 Agriculture Development Corporation was dissolved and its all officers were directed to join their parent departments.
During 1974 a post of Director Fisheries Sindh was created with its head quarter at Karachi. In 2000 the re -structuring of department was took placed and Fisheries Department divided in to two wings one Inland Section, headed by Director Fisheries Sindh (Inland) Hyderabad, and other Research & Development at Karachi.
Introduction of Sections under Supervision
Following sections are under the supervision of this Directorate.
- Inland Fisheries – Conservation & management & Enforcement of fisheries Ordinance of public water areas.
- Training & Extension – Awareness, education, skill development, technical guidance to the farmers, fishermen and In service personnel.
- Planning & Development – Preparation, implementation, monitoring of development scheme.
- Admin & Accounts – Administrative & Financial matters.
Objectives/ Activities/ Functions
- Frame Inland Fisheries Policy in the province.
- Management, Conservation & Surveillance (MCS) of Inland Fisheries resources of the province.
- Issuance of fishing permits / renewal of licenses to fishermen / fish dealers in respective domain
- Rehabilitation & Development of Inland Fisheries waters of the province.
- Enforcement of Fisheries Ordinance/Act & Rules in inland waters.
- Stock assessment/population dynamic surveys of Inland Fisheries resources.
- Provision of extension services in province to promote Fisheries and allied aquaculture
- Coordination with other national & international agencies / organization / departments regarding Management, Conservation, surveillance (MCS) and development of inland fisheries resources
- Plan, prepare & implement development schemes in their respective domain.
- Collection & analysis of the Statistical data of Inland Fisheries.
- Arrange stakeholders participation in development of Inland fisheries through workshops, seminars, symposia etc
- Development of Inland capture/culture fisheries on modern lines.
- Keep quality control check over fish sold at market or retails
- Develop post harvest facilities such as landing platforms, Jetties, chilling plants, processing plants, cold storages, auction halls / markets & marketing channels including transportation.
- Registration of fishermen& boats of Inland waters.
- Educate and train fishermen and to create awareness among them for MCS of fisheries resources
Targetted Districts Of Project
Get In Touch
Near Rani Bagh,
Thandi Sarak Hyderabad, Sindh