Sindh Agricltural Growth Project Livestock Component (World Bank Assisted)
- Livestock is a mean of reserved funds and main source of income for rural population.
- Proportionally Sindh having the second highest animal population in Pakistan (32.144 million heads; Census 2006) and needs proactive arrangements for their scientific farming.
- Total Agriculture contribution in GDP is 11.5% and Livestock shares 55.1% of total agriculture’s contribution to GDP (2010-11 Economic Survey).
- About 8.5% of total exports are derived from Livestock and its products/Byproducts.
- To improve the milk production and organize the proper milk collection system by installing 153 milk chillers at different villages of targeted 9 districts of Sindh Province.
- To improve the socio-economic status of the farmers through improved and efficient marketing system.
- Institutional development of Livestock sector by rehabilitation of 121 flood/rain affected Veterinary buildings including renovation and modernization of two existing Semen Production Units.
- To improve and increase the trained manpower of 3075 farmers in Livestock Management and 760 trainees in artificial insemination through establishment of AI Training Centre at Tandojam during the project period.
- To increase the milk production by genetic improvement of dairy herd through artificial insemination service in project area as well advanced pregnancy diagnosis services through Ultrasound machines.
- To ensure the delivery of quality preventive & curative veterinary/animal health services to the registered farmers for approximately 30600 animals in the targeted areas.
- To deliver the door step animal nutrition advisory services in targeted districts for optimal use of feed and fodder that enhances the milk production.